- 1 Tower of Pain Challenge (Level 59)
- 1.1 Bosses
- 1.2 Penalty
- 1.3 Activate Hidden Bosses
- 1.4 Hidden Bosses
- 1.4.1 Volopine Drunkard (Elemental Brawler) (1st Floor) (Hidden Boss)
- 1.4.2 Totemic Brawler (2nd Floor) (Hidden Boss)
- 1.4.3 Silvermoon (3rd Floor) (Hidden Boss)
- 184.108.40.206 Skills
- 220.127.116.11 HP Mechanics
- 1.4.4 Divine Bloodhorn King (4th Floor) (Hidden Boss)
- 1.5 Strategies Suggestion
Tower of Pain Challenge (Level 59)
It’s a 5-man dungeon, 20 minutes limit dungeon where players need to climb the tower by defeating all the floor bosses.
Elemental Brawler (1st Floor)
NOTE: Right after you start attacking the boss, there will be 1 wine jar on each side of the room, one is a HP buff for the boss and another one is ATTACK buff, break them if you want to kill boss faster. Great surprises await for you if you kill the boss without destroying the wine jars.
This boss has similar appearance and mechanics of the boss from Oneiric Trials. the main attacks are:
- Gliding (Followed by a low kick + strong meele attack): He will rush towards someone and do a low kick, knocking players and nearby players within 3 meters, followed by a strong meele attack that can kill dpsers
- Box (same as Occultist): He will box someone into a box, making them unable to walk and will take reduced damage, but wont make them invulnerable, he often does one Energy Ball after locking someone into the box, make sure you use your CC Break skills to avoid it.
- Energy Balls: He will shout something and will keep shooting energy balls at players, they do heavy damage, make sure to dodge them by side-stepping.
- Ball Shower: He will jump to the sky and will do a full map ball shower, make sure you guys have a barrier (spawns after killing a tanuki (boss spawn 4 tanukis on the center), you can stack them together and get a stronger barrier.
Swift Ursid (2nd Floor)
NOTE: There is 4 practice totems in the middle of the room, use it to avoid his death punch mechanic every 20% HP (not sure, might be time wise aswell). Great surprises awaits you if you don’t break any of the totem until the end of the fight
This boss has strong meeles attack and will knock you up several times, the only mechanics that needs to be evaded are:
- Hurricanes: Boss will spawn hurricanes that will follow players, dealing damage overtime for those within it’s area, they are slow and easy to run off if u keep running.
- Death Punch: 1 shot mechanic. Boss will lock someone into target, boss will draw a line below the target, Occultists can use Cunning Transference on the target to avoid a death, Blade Masters can use Adrenaline aswell, mages can freeze themselves aswell (not certain) or you can stay behind one of the totems to avoid an unnecessary death. Watch the casting timer and use your skills at the right time.
White and Black Butterflies (3rd Floor)
NOTE: Killing them at the same time (within 5 seconds) will award players with a big surprise.
Similar to the Trial of the Four Kings butterflies, one is a mage and the other one is an assassin.
She will be sitting at the same place most of the time, casting AoE abilities onto players and giving a stack to whoever gets hit by it’s butterflies. She also heals the black butterfly from time to time (can be canceled).
Once she casts Ressurection, focus DPS on her to cancel her casting, tanks cannot use Dragongrip to cancel it. Try not to keep close with her since she throws 5 butterflies and if you are too close from her, you might get hit by all 5 and get 1 shot.
She will be running around doing meele attacks and casting abilities that can be dodged, most dangerous skill is Blade Rush and Execution (names might be off).
Blade Rush: She will dash twice through players and then will draw an X with her swords and shoot it towards someone twice, can be dodged if moved away through the sides.
Execution: She will jump up and do a high damage skill, 10meter range (not sure) in front of her, can be easily dodged if players move.
Bloodhorn King (4th Floor)
NOTE: Killing the boss while enraged will award players with a big surprise.
Last boss and the strongest one, can easily one shot people with his Hammer Swing skill and dashing skill. He has an companion by his side (500,000 HP), upon killing his companion, the boss will enter a enrage state, casting a gradually full map skill that can one shot people if they are not fast enough to dodge it. He will also receive a 90% – 95% Damage Reduction (cannot remember the real %) buff while enraged.
- Dashing: Boss will face someone and charge towards them, after that he will do a 30meter ground slam that knocks people out and do heavy damage, he will either do a single charge or 2 consecutive charges.
- Hammer Swing: Boss will swing his hammer and deal heavy damage and knocking people out. Avoid it at all costs.
- Pizza Slices Explosion: On 50% and onwards, the boss will cast a full map AoE dealing heavy damage for those that get hit, he will light up one floor at the time (floors resemble a pizza slice) clockwise, party needs to be on the last pizza and jump towards the one that already was lightened up as soon as possible (within 2 seconds). here is a graphic:
Every time the party wipe, they must face a penalty, everyone will be teleported to another room with 3 Flame Lords and some Wolves. The party must kill everything in order to return to the Tower and climb it again (you can use the teleporter by talking to the NPC right next to the entrance on the first floor).
Activate Hidden Bosses
- Kill boss without destroying wine jars
- Kill boss without letting him destroy 1 totem with his Death Punch
- Kill both butterflies at the same time (within 5 seconds). Preferably the white one first. NOTE: There is a time limit to kill both at the same time (I believe it is around 5-7 minutes). If the party fail to meet the time limit, the boss won’t spawn regardless if the party kill them at the same time.
- Kill boss while on enraged status. NOTE: During enrage, boss will have 90+% Damage Reduction Buff, strongly suggested to kill his companion when he is 0.3% HP and then DPS him down once he is enraged.
NOTE: In my opinion, the hidden bosses are easier than the normal ones.
Volopine Drunkard (Elemental Brawler) (1st Floor) (Hidden Boss)
He is a drunk brawler that does not hit hard, during the fight he will spawn wine jars that gives the player that destroys it (last hit) a damage buff that can be stacked only 3 times, at 10%-20% he will spawn 2 big wine jars that will keep healing him overtime, destroy them as soon as possible.
Totemic Brawler (2nd Floor) (Hidden Boss)
His attacks are similar to the normal boss, the only thing you should be careful about is his Rapid Punches. He lock a player and keep punching that area (cone area in front of him) several times, it does damage overtime but the damage are shared so make sure all party members stack into the skill range to lower the damage taken and avoid unnecessary deaths.
Silvermoon (3rd Floor) (Hidden Boss)
This is where things start to get a little spicy, this boss difficulty is way higher than other bosses and there is mechanics and skills you should watch for:
The boss will send a butterfly towards someone every few seconds, it is target locked and you cannot avoid it, the player that got hit by it will receive a stack. To remove stacks, make sure to tank one of the blue orbs that she throws on the five orbs skill that will be discussed last.
Once the player has 5 butterfly stacks, the boss will most likely to cast a Death Incantation (Red Chinese Symbol) that cannot be evaded/cant break out of CC, the player will get damage overtime for a long period of time (around 10 seconds). The player will die (not sure if the player can be Boxed by occultists).
The boss will dash towards someone twice, then will unleash 3 waves from his sword, you can avoid by dodging sideways or simply standing between them
Blue Chinese Symbol Incantation
The boss will cast it every once in a while on someone that has at least 1 butterfly stacked, cannot be avoided/dodged. The player will be stuck in the middle of a circle that will explode after 6 seconds, 1 shotting him, players must use their CC Break Skill (Ex: Fox for SS, Wyrmweed for Vanguards, etc.)
Execution (3 slashes)
Similar to the black butterfly, boss will jump in the air and do a 3slash skill towards someone, can be dodged by doing 2 sidesteps in a row. It does not hit that much and it should be giving the player +1 butterfly stack (at least that’s what the skill said). For some reason, it was not increasing the butterfly stacks on hit during CBT, it might get fixed for OBT.
The only “pacific” skill, boss will throw 5 orbs that will automatically explode once they travel 20 meters range. Each ball reduces the Butterfly Stacks by 2, players should “face-tank” / run towards them in order to avoid the Death Incantation.
50% HP – First Incantation (Blue/Purple)
At 50% HP the boss will move to the middle and cast a full map ability where the players will get hit overtime and eventually die. To avoid that, there will be a safe zone (5 meters radius circle) near the boss that will keep moving, players must keep the moving pace, use movement speed abilities/dashes if needed.
15% HP – Butterfly Summon
At 15% HP the boss will spawn both butterflies (Black and White) again, the White will keep healing 1% of the boss HP and it should be killed as soon as possible, for the black one, she will be spinning at the same place, can be ignored but, afraid of the mechanic, we just burst her down (should not that much time).
7% HP – Second Incantation (Red)
At 7% HP the boss will cast a full map ability where the players will get hit overtime and eventually die (similar to the first incantation). The only difference is that there is no safe zone/circle for players to not take damage, death is inevitable if the party does not burst the boss quickly, one of the counters is to have a Gunslinger in the party and use Comet Strike whenever she hits 7% HP to burst her down as soon as possible.
Divine Bloodhorn King (4th Floor) (Hidden Boss)
Boss’ Skills are identical to the first version of it, the only thing that changes is the HP based skills.
For this boss I will separate the boss mechanics into 4 types:
- Full Map (Type A): The boss will move towards the middle and will do a 3-step full map AoE, every triangle floor (pizza slices) will light up except for 3 (first time) then 2 (second time)and then only 1 at the end. Players should stay near the middle to avoid long map travels.
- Full Map (Type B): The boss will light up circles instead of triangles that will periodically increase 5 times, it’s identical as the one when the first boss enrages after killing the small companion. Players must be quick and dashing fast towards the area that was exploded recently.
- Full Map (Type C): The boss will light 1 triangle floor (pizza slice) at a time, starting to the triangle facing the entrance and making a full cycle clock-wise. Identical as the 50% mechanic of the first version.
- Full Map (Type D): Similar to Type A, boss will do a 3-step full map AoE, except this time the triangles will be all messed up in size/angles. Players should stay near the middle to avoid long map travels.
Boss will do Full Map Type C. (read the description of skills above)
80% and below
Boss will do one of the 4 types
Every 30 seconds after 20%
Boss will do Full Map Type D. (read the description of skills above)
Players have only 3 times per week to complete it, my suggestion would be:
- 1st run: Do first floor (both bosses) and second floor (both bosses). If possible, do 3rd floor bosses until you run out of time.
- 2nd run: Clear 1st and 2nd floor as soon as possible and do both bosses on 3rd floor and, if possible, do both bosses on 4th floor.
- 3rd run: Aim for score/finishing a floor that you could not clear on previous runs